The Nanocrine Contact Guidance Biochip is a quartz substrate with atomically smooth, square grooves for cellular contact guidance assays. Surface topography is known to dictate numerous forms of cell behavior from elongation to stem cell renewal. Available in three groove depths and either #1 or #2 thickness.
Each Contact Guidance Biochip contains 4 duplicate groove arrays, with each array containing 8 unique patterned groove sets, giving researchers access to robust data output from their experiments. Grooves are etched, separated by gaps of 2.5 to 20 µm (in x,y). Three groove depths are available: 330 nm, 720 nm, and 1 µm (in z).
The Nanocrine Contact Guidance Biochip can be coated with the user’s method of choice (fibronectin, laminin, etc.).
The Nanocrine Contact Guidance Biochip is offered in #1 and #2 thickness depending on experimental requirements of numerical aperture and magnification for imaging. #1 thickness is recommended if immersion medium (oil/water) is required.
For use with Nanocrine Multiwell Biochip Mount, Cat. # : N5-S4
- 1x Nanocrine Contact Guidance Biochip with gasket attached
- Anisotropic vertical etching of grooves creates clean features with near 90° angles
- Multiplexed patterns per array and multiplexed array per chip enables robust data generation per experiment across several treatments
- Lot-validated atomically smooth surfaces (Ra < 1 nm)
- Navigation landmarks are etched on slide, allowing user to maintain orientation while navigating with the eyepiece or camera
- Etched surfaces are lot validated by atomic force microscopy for an average surface roughness (Ra) of less than 1 nm
Storage & Handling:
- Shipped sterile at ambient temperature with desiccant
- Store at room temperature
- Handle with tweezers
Nanocrine Contact Guidance Depth Survey Kit (Cat. # N9-CGDSK)
Nanocrine Contact Guidance Biochip Starter Kit (Cat. # N9-CGSK)